image by: tifotter
We’ve been keen to tie-up with an event, because we like craft / design events. But doing this in a way that works has been the problem. An online service doesn’t always translate well to being a *thing*. Anyway, we’ve been saved having to think too hard by the smashing people at We Make who are running an event in London on Saturday 6th Dec on 79a Tottenham Court Road at the American Church in London.
We’re running a competition called “Folksy Angels”. This has no reference to the gaudy 70s ‘Charlie’ variety but to a new breed of metrosexual dudey doers, i.e. you. To see the competition brief in all its glory go to the flickr group Folksy Angels. If you can’t be bothered to do that and want to know the basics here they are:
- Create a Christmas (or Hannukah or any other wintry, celebratory festival) decoration using recycled or upcycled materials (majority)
- Submit you thing as an image on the Flickr group Folksy Angels
- Add a description on the item about what it’s made with and why you made it
- Entries close on the 30th November
- We’ll start a blog post on the 1st Dec where your comment will act as your vote on the item. Voting will close at midnight on the 3rd
- The winner gets free listings and no commission from sales on Folksy for A WHOLE YEAR starting 1st January 2009 and ending 31st
- The most popular photographs will also be made into Greetings Cards which will be available for sale via Folksy and at We Make Christmas.
December 2009. In addition to this the winning entry will become part of the special Promotional Goodie bag given away as a prize at the We Make Christmas raffle.
There it is. Nice. Compact. Christmas. Competition. CCC inc. :)
Actually, whilst we’re about it we’ll give a bonus prize to anyone who creates a nice Folksy Angels image of crafty doers for us to use when talking about the competition like the one above maybe but with you and not this lot.
UPDATE: and as if by magic (or alcohol or something), we have the real angels: