I like competitions although I don’t win many. Done well they create a sense of excitement and of being part of something. TV luvvies would call it ‘jeopardy’. Almost everyone else would call it fun. So we’re chuffed to announce a competition with howies, Cardigan Bay’s 3rd largest clothing company :), during London Design Week.
For those of you unfamiliar with howies, they’re a clothing brand (with a surfing background) that make and do good stuff. Their made stuff is all organic cotton, fair trade and they carry this ethos over into other aspects of their business. They have an “earth tax” which gives 1% of revenue or 10% of profits (whichever is greater) to “grass roots and environmental projects” and they do the “Do Lectures” (currently live in some woods in deepest Wales).
So, having established they are nice people doing good stuff, what about the competition? Well, howies have written the brief and all the information and stuff can be found on the competition page but the basics are:
- You make something that fits the howies brief (the image above gives the gist of it) and the deadline for submissions is the 17th of September at 9am
- You list your thing on folksy with the tag “howies” and by doing that you enter the competition
- In the listing description you say a bit about why you’ve made what you’ve made (it helps to know where you’re coming from…)
- howies pick their favourite 11 things which will be displayed in their Carnaby St. store in London until the 24th September where members of the public can vote on their favourite
- The winner will receive £150 in cash with the runners-up receiving £25 of howies vouchers each as well as lots of good publicity :)
Good, eh? So, head over to the competition page for all the details. If this proves to be a success we’ll be rolling out competitions with like-minded partners on an on-going basis.