One of the things we have been asked for most recently is Google Analytics for Folksy shops. So here it is…
To set it up just follow these instructions. Please note: It takes a day or so to start working.
How to monitor your Folksy shop using Google Analytics
- Login to Google Analytics (or create an account if you don’t have one)
- Click on ‘Add Website Profile’
- On ‘Create New Website Profile’ page select ‘Add a profile for a new domain’ and type the address of your Folksy shop (eg www.folksy.com/shops/YOURSHOP) into the text box. Remember to leave out the http:// as this is already filled in.
- Set the timezone to UK (optional)
- Click Finish
- On the next page note down the identifier in the script provided by Google (underlined in red here):
To activate the analytics on Folksy:
- Login to Folksy and visit ‘Your Account’
- Click ‘Edit appearance and settings’ under ‘Your Shop’
- Add the identifier you noted down earlier in the ‘Google Analytics Identifier’ field (it will look something like UA-12345678-3)
It can take up to 24 hours for analytics to start being displayed by Google Analytics. When the ‘Status’ column in Google Analytics shows a little green tick, your site is being monitored.
Enjoy your stats :)