We’re looking for a passionate, experienced Rails developer who can demonstrate the skills required to help Folksy continue to grow.
The ideal candidate would have at least four years experience working with Ruby and Rails, have worked with large Rails deployments and have a good knowledge of test driven development.
Folksy.com is a place to buy handmade things, and for makers to sell their work and find supplies. Based in the UK, Folksy aims to reclaim craft and showcase talented makers and their work. Since its launch in 2008 Folksy, has grown to become the largest UK dedicated marketplace for unique handcrafted goods.
We’re looking for someone to take over the overall technical management and development of Folksy. You’ll be responsible for the technical direction the site takes, providing a great challenge and learning experience for the right candidate. We’re offering:
- Competitive salary based on experience circa. £25,000 – £30,000 per annum
- Opportunity to work remotely, however ideally you’d be based in our Sheffield office
- Personal development budget available for conferences/courses
Here are the core skills required for the position:
- Self starter with the ability to pick up a project and run with it
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with the community
- Solid Ruby on Rails development experience
- Experience with deployment and management of Rails applications on Linux (preferably Debian/Ubuntu)
- Experience with designing for and managing MySQL
- Experience with version control systems e.g. Subversion or Git
- TDD experience using technologies like rspec/webrat/shoulda/cucumber/capybara
- Experience with search technologies such as ferret or solr
- Experience with caching technologies e.g. fragment caching/memcache/varnish
Location: United Kingdom, Sheffield
Pay: £25,000 – £30,000
Hours: Full Time
Length of employment: Full Time Position
Interested? We’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch with Rob Lee, email@example.com