12 Responses

1. Tweets that mention Folksy Blog – Crochet -- Topsy.com

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by folksy, Sarah Waterhouse. Sarah Waterhouse said: RT @folksy: Crochet http://ow.ly/1berpv [...]

2. Lavinia
    Lavinia February 8, 2011 at 9:39 am |

Crochet is the way forward. Granny Squares are so versatile. My crochet style is a little odd as I hold the hook as if a knitting needle. It works. I’ve even tried crochet work with fine wire. Must get the hook out again. Love the colours in the blanket

3. Victoria
    Victoria February 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm |

Must say I do have a bit of love for Granny Squares! Nice to see so many different types of project though.

4. TheCraftyBride
    TheCraftyBride February 8, 2011 at 5:59 pm |

I love crochet in all its forms and its always nice to try new stitches and revive old styles too like broomstick lace crochet, so called because the yarn used to be be wrapped around a broomstick to create the large loops. These days we use a really big knitting needle or a piece of plastic pipe. My scarf you have featured is made from broomstick lace crochet.

5. Bedecked Beads
    Bedecked Beads February 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm |

I love making necklaces and bracelets incorporating crochet and knitting. I use fine wire for this and have been pleased how effective a piece of jewellery they make

6. annie
    annie February 8, 2011 at 7:17 pm |

i had always thought about learning how to crochet.my local craft shop Heaths Country Store Notts runs courses so i took the plunge and love it, i may not be the best but i certainly enjoy especially the tunisian crochet.

7. Thesunroom
    Thesunroom February 9, 2011 at 9:12 am |

Hi Amy,

Great post and I hope you have inspired some crochet virgins to pick up a hook. Thank you for featuring my work.

Best wishes – Aileen

8. Karen
    Karen February 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm |

I also love using crochet to do jewellery as it’s so quick. I taught myself from a book last year and I have done some small items using crochet but because I am quicker at knitting I tend to use this for big items

9. pauline
    pauline February 12, 2011 at 12:06 pm |

yes I have recently taken up crochet again and am enjoying making hats and toys mostly. I am not very adventurous but my efforts do get admired and it gives me lots of pleasure too!
    I first tried crochet when my daughter was 2 yrs old ( she’s 43 now) and I made two little dresses for her which I was very prouf of. Haven’t made a dress since though!

10. Leah Hill
    Leah Hill February 12, 2011 at 10:08 pm |

yeah, bring back crochet, its great.

11. Rynae
    Rynae February 14, 2011 at 1:27 am |

Crochet never left, one off the best crafts, I crochet please visit my blog to swap tips.

12. Folksy Blog – Inspiring Creativity
    Folksy Blog – Inspiring Creativity March 22, 2011 at 7:02 am |

[...] Oil Painting Wire work jewellery Paper Mache Art Stained Glass Casting Polymer Clay Printmakers Crochet Leather Work Fused [...]