Folksy is very pleased to announce that we will be sponsoring our first event on 3rd September – the Mini Maker Faire in Brighton. As this is a special occasion (and because it’s been far too long since our last one) we’ve decided to hold a competition to celebrate.
We want to show the public attending the event, the wealth of amazing craft and design that our Folksy sellers produce so we’ll be constructing a large Folksy artwork to display on the day. We want this to be a visual representation of what Folksy is – a huge number of individual sellers which together make one big talented community, so what better way to represent this than constructing the artwork using work by our sellers.
The piece will be assembled on the day of the event and the public will be helping us construct the huge artwork by choosing where the pieces will go. The event will then be documented and brought back to Sheffield to be displayed proudly in the Folksy office.
How to enter
To enter please make one small object which we can attach to our Folksy artwork. The item can be made from anything, we’d love to see a wide variety of crafts from all our sellers.
- Items can follow any theme or colour and can be made from anything as long as it’s no bigger than 10cm.
- Please don’t make the item too heavy though as it has to be attached to the piece.
- If the item is made from a solif material such as wood or ceramic then it would help us construct the artwork if there was a handle or hook to attach it.
- Please note, pieces cannot be returned to you as they will form part of a permanent work.
What can you win?
When all entries have arrived we will pick *
5 of our favourite items 3 of our favourite items and the lucky winners will each be given a whole day to have their shop displayed as the featured items on the front page of Folksy. We will be featuring a different seller each day so up to 15 items from your shop will be displayed on the homepage of Folksy all day. These special sets of featured items will be displayed in the week running up to the event from Monday 29th August to Friday 2nd September. This is a first for Folksy, we’ve never featured a whole shop as our featured picks so this is a great opportunity to have your shop showcased. If there aren’t quite enough items listed in one of the chosen shops then we will pair up two sellers and display both their items together. We will also promote these sellers through our blog throughout the week.
All items must arrive in the Folksy office no later than Thursday 25th August. Please send your items to:
Maker Faire Competition
Good luck to everyone, we can’t wait to see all the wonderful work!
* Please note: We are choosing 3 items, not 5, as there were 3 overwhelming winners voted for by staff, the rest of the votes were split across the remaining entries.by