19 Responses

1. Adam Regester
    Adam Regester July 20, 2011 at 6:24 pm |

Hi, great competition !
    Can you tell us were we can find out more about the Brighton event and if we can participate ? I have a Folksy shop and I live in Brighton so it would be great to take part.
    Thanks !
    Adam :)

2. Vicki
    Vicki July 20, 2011 at 6:43 pm |

Hi Adam, I just searched for it online as I’m a Folksy seller not far from Brighton either but it looks like they are closed to exhibitors now. Website is here http://www.makerfairebrighton.com/
    Vicki

3. Sarah
    Sarah July 20, 2011 at 8:38 pm |

Hi Adam, the Maker Faire wrote a blog post for us saying that officially they were closed for applications but that it was still worth contacting them if you were interested in a stall so it’s definitely worth getting in touch with them.
    Thanks

4. Adam Regester
    Adam Regester July 20, 2011 at 9:44 pm |

Thanks !! :))

5. Natalie Ofkants
    Natalie Ofkants July 20, 2011 at 10:23 pm |

What a lovely idea, I hope I have enough time to complete something and get it sent off, with hols, children off school and all.

Sound like such an amazing project and a wonderful prize for the winners.

Natalie x

6. carol capaldi
    carol capaldi July 21, 2011 at 3:21 pm |

Oooo… love this idea! Will get my thinking cap on and see what I can come up with!

7. Hannelore Cossins
    Hannelore Cossins July 21, 2011 at 5:08 pm |

What a lovely idea! Hopefully I will have time to come up with something. The final piece is going to be an amazing showcase of talent!

8. Dawn Witt
    Dawn Witt July 22, 2011 at 11:48 am |

Oh I have a couple of ideas already. I put labels on my items – are we allowed to put our shop name name in the design? sign artwork etc…

9. noodleBubble
    noodleBubble July 22, 2011 at 7:58 pm |

FAB FAB FAB !

…rushes off in a flurry of felt and buttons…

10. Dacey
    Dacey July 25, 2011 at 4:53 am |

This is great i also want to come up with new ideas and want win this competition i want to do something different.

11. Dawn Witt
    Dawn Witt August 7, 2011 at 12:32 pm |

I’ve just started a thread on Chittah Chattah with a piccie on my ‘entry’ feel free to add yours! http://forums.folksy.com/forums/6/topics/313553

12. Sarah
    Sarah August 8, 2011 at 10:12 am |

Hi, we’ve started a Flickr set now for the first few entries that have arrived, we’ll be adding more as they come in:

Thanks
    Sarah

13. Folksy Blog – What’s happening at Folksy Mini update – August

[...] arrive.  If you’d like to know how to take part in this competition you can read more on our Maker Faire Competition Post, the closing date is the 25th [...]

14. cherry tree
    cherry tree August 15, 2011 at 12:42 pm |

I have just sent my contribution today! x

15. Mishelflo
    Mishelflo August 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm |

This sounds like fun and what a fabulous idea!!

Last night I decided I was going to try making something completely different, so this might be the time to try it out on everyone, see the response:)

Just hope I can make it in time!!

16. Mosaic Tree
    Mosaic Tree August 18, 2011 at 7:30 am |

Cherry Tree – your entry is gorgeous – I just saw it on Flickr.

17. Meet the Sponsors: Folksy | Brighton Mini Maker Faire

[...] support Brighton Mini Maker Faire by becoming sponsors. We were even happier when they launched a competition to collaborate on a Folksy artwork to display on the day. We asked them to say hello here and tell [...]

18. JOYsofGLASS
    JOYsofGLASS August 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm |

Great idea.
    Have just made my entry and will be posting it first thing tomorrow.

19. Astrid
    Astrid August 19, 2011 at 9:16 am |

Time to put my thinking cap on – great idea!