The summer holidays: six weeks of entertaining and keeping boredom at bay. To see you through your role as Chief Activity Facilitator, we’ve enlisted the help of a band of Folksy makers, who have pledged to share their ideas and pass on their craftspertise. Armed with their tutorials, rainy-day forecasts need no longer fill you with dread, and cries of “what can I do now?” can be met with “I know just the thing”. So thank you Folksy makers, children and their summer holiday planners across the land salute you and your craftiness…
Evie and Rex Paper Dolls
By Mrs Fox’s Handmade
The design of this doll and her dog is a mash-up of Evie and Rex, our handmade dolls that we sell in our Folksy shop, my beautiful little girl Una May and her dog Bea. It’s super simple to make and great for the school holidays.
All you need is:
paper and card
paint, coloured pencils or pens
1. Download the PDF
2. Print the PDF on white paper.
3. Colour Evie, her friend Rex the dog, and her clothes however you wish.
4. To make Evie and Rex stand up, glue them on to card (you can use an old cereal box). Leave a strip of card about 3cm wide at the bottom that you can fold into a stand.
TIP: Roughly cut out Evie first, leaving 1/2cm of white paper around the edge. Then glue her on to the card. Once she’s dried, cut her out again, this time trimming right up to the edge of the doll.
5. Cut out Evie’s clothes and fold the tabs over the edge of the doll to dress her. You can have fun making your own outfits for Evie too.
6. Now Evie and Rex are all dressed and ready for their party!