image by: tifotter
We’ve been keen to tie-up with an event, because we like craft / design events. But doing this in a way that works has been the problem. An online service doesn’t always translate well to being a *thing*. Anyway, we’ve been saved having to think too hard by the smashing people at We Make who are running an event in London on Saturday 6th Dec on 79a Tottenham Court Road at the American Church in London.
We’re running a competition called “Folksy Angels”. This has no reference to the gaudy 70s ‘Charlie’ variety but to a new breed of metrosexual dudey doers, i.e. you. To see the competition brief in all its glory go to the flickr group Folksy Angels. If you can’t be bothered to do that and want to know the basics here they are:
- Create a Christmas (or Hannukah or any other wintry, celebratory festival) decoration using recycled or upcycled materials (majority)
- Submit you thing as an image on the Flickr group Folksy Angels
- Add a description on the item about what it’s made with and why you made it
- Entries close on the 30th November
- We’ll start a blog post on the 1st Dec where your comment will act as your vote on the item. Voting will close at midnight on the 3rd
- The winner gets free listings and no commission from sales on Folksy for A WHOLE YEAR starting 1st January 2009 and ending 31st
- The most popular photographs will also be made into Greetings Cards which will be available for sale via Folksy and at We Make Christmas.
December 2009. In addition to this the winning entry will become part of the special Promotional Goodie bag given away as a prize at the We Make Christmas raffle.
There it is. Nice. Compact. Christmas. Competition. CCC inc. :)
Actually, whilst we’re about it we’ll give a bonus prize to anyone who creates a nice Folksy Angels image of crafty doers for us to use when talking about the competition like the one above maybe but with you and not this lot.
UPDATE: and as if by magic (or alcohol or something), we have the real angels:
This sounds like fun, I feel a little art clay silver (it is recycled :)) something coming on…..
But can we wear Farah Fawcett hair flicks and boots while we craft?
Ooh, right up my street!
Be back soon with pics…..
I think you will find that pic was a result of alcohol and magic ;) We’ll all be at We Make Christmas on the 6th December
Jo is even wearing her special Christmas dress for the occasion.
Yeah alcohol and magic, lol
Be great to see everyone there
My entry is all done and dusted…now just got to work out a way to take a photo. It won’t keep still. Bother that hamster.
lol, loving the folksy angels :D
not sure I’m going to get round to this but great idea and great prize! Look forward to seeing the entries :D
ooh lovely idea. I do have a question though – who gets the income from the sale of the cards? the maker presumably? or does it go to Folksy and Wemake?
come on we’re getting giddy waiting for this voting post, where is it then – bring on the voting :-)
[…] Make Christmas Folksy Angels competition deadline is over and we now need your vote! You probably won’t remember but we put this comp up to get people making Christmas decorations using recycled materials. And […]
Comments are closed.