image by: recursion_see_recursion
Hello. We’ve been really busy with developing Folksy and improving it and we know there’s still lot’s to do. You feedback has been central to the development and improvement process, so many thanks for letting us know what bugs you, what’s not working and (now and again) what you like. We thought it would be good and right and proper to share with you the timeline for work and what we intend to do when. Below is our slate for the site. It doesn’t include competitions, partnerships etc.
- Makes – launching the “making” section of the site. 24th November
- International Sales – going international so you can choose where to sell to and also what currency to view the items in. 2nd half of Feb 2009
These changes will all be complete by the 12th Dec.
- Changing the profile page to reflect more about you and what you are selling (if you are selling).
- Recently Sold view on the site so you can see things that have er, recently sold and who sold them.
- New listings by new users. So new people can get seen :)
- Popular items view. You can see this already here but we’re going to integrate it in a nicer way
- Take price off sold items
- Create a nice print view for item pages
- Making it easier for people not logged in to message sellers
- Increase the number of items on a page view – so you’ll be able to see 20, 40, 60 etc.
We’ll also be tackling the information architecture of the service in the New Year but we can’t put a date on what we’ll deliver as, to be honest, we need to test that first. But we will be improving the way in which people can browse around the site from item pages.
I know you’ve given us lots of feedback on bugs and things but we’re tackling these as and when we get them. So, let us have your thoughts on this slate. Things we just *have* to include etc. The more radical and far out the better. Give us your sci-fi craft requests :)