Home Competitions News winner

News winner

So, this proved to be a bit more difficult to assess than I thought as we had a lot of ‘dubious’ comments. Having checked the IP addresses for the comments we’ve only counted one comment per IP address. This is not foolproof but it’s the best way we could manage the process and to make sure we didn’t get multiple ‘votes’ from the same person. We need to get a better way to manage these comps! Any ideas?

Anyway, the winner of the Robson and Mason Haberdashery voucher is … well actually it’s a tie between Daisie’s boob and
NiftyKnits’ Clanger:

NiftyKnits’ Clanger, a homage to Oliver Postgate, creator of many of the greatest childrens TV shows, who died last month.

Dasie’s breast or ‘boob’, which was inspired by news of Facebook taking down images of women breastfeeding

Nifty’s Morris Dancer was third and Lupin’s sampler fourth. Thank you all so much for taking part. Hope you enjoyed it. Was it good? Shall we do it again?

Folksy will round up the vouchers to

daisiedavies January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Ooooh,

lauren January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

wow, cool prize. well done both of you. look forward to the next comp.

Elizabeth January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Congratulations to the Winners!
Perhaps you could use Survey Monkey (www.surveymonkey.com) for the voting? I’ve never used it, but it seems pretty straightforward.

Jo January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Well done Daisie and NiftyKnits! Have fun splurging on craft goodies… (jealous, me?)
For voting next time, maybe requiring an email address in order for the vote to count could work (so long as it won’t be displayed with the comment?), and having ‘buttons’ so only 1 item can be chosen would make the choice more clear cut. Or make it so only Folksy members can vote, with their username – maybe you’ll get a load more people sign up to the site each time you run a competition. :)

Amanda January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Well done guys!!
My mum voted on the same computer as me but I was never going to win ;-)

jenny January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Well done girls! Really loved the competition, will definetly take part in any future ones. Thanks for adding some excitment to my dull little life!

Rachel January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Well done girls!!
Enjoy spending!!

Looks like the folksy community have a bit of a thing for pink wool…….!! lol

pennydog January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

It would seem these girls are unstoppable after the last competition! Congrats, hope you buy lots of lovely things :) Jo (above) makes some good suggestions about adding a poll style vote, and having to sign in :)

Lorrie (Illusio) January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Well done to the winners, (*hugs* for Nifty).
Fantastic entries all round.

revivadesigns January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

well done both of you! I really enjoyed entering the comp (mine was listed as “gillian”). I did find the vote rather odd – no suggestions of my own I’m afraid, but like the sound of some of the suggestions above

heather (niftyknits) January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Thank you Folksy, thank you Robson and Mason, and of course thank you to my voters – even those of you who were a little over-enthusiastic.
I’ve started a thread in the forum for ideas on how to improve voting next time, please add to it.

Lucy January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Well done to the winners. That was a fun competition, well done to everyone!

pouch January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

it’s like Strictly Come Dancing all over again, I demand a refund!!
seriously though, not sure what’s the best way around the voting problems. I think the competitions are a good idea and generate traffic to the blog and hopefully to Folksy, but I can see it’s got flaws too.
The Howies competition was decided by Howies, perhaps the sponsor should decide the winner, or Folksy admin :)

ClaraBows January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Firstly congratulations to the winners.

In response to a better way to manage the comps, why don’t we simply lay the responsibility for picking a winner with the Folksy admin staff? Keep it simple. It’s only a bit of fun after all and I trust their judgement.

I’ll even promise not to throw any china cups in a fit of anger at admins decision….anyone think this is an idea with mileage or shall I start running now…….

jamesb January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Hey, thanks for the comments. Laura from Robson and Mason has been very ill in hospital. She’s out now – thank goodness and will be announcing her winner soon.

Re: voting. I like that everyone can vote – getting a tool fit for the job should be quite simple.

JB

Laura - Robson and Mason January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

It’s on my blog now folksy people! The winners are up….

Lupin January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Get well soon Laura!! Off to read your blog now :)

Amanda January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Yay!! Thank you Laura!

and get well soon:)

Covetables January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

Great job everyone! Congrats to the winners! It really was a tough one as everyone was amazing.

Can’t wait to see what the next one will be.

Alison January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

well done to both of you! It was tough to pick just one to vote for

Amanda January 12, 2009 - 8:51 pm

thank you! Its the one I hoped I’d get as well :)