Home Archive Featured sellers: Bird is the word

Featured sellers: Bird is the word

The eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed some recent changes to the Folksy home page.

For the last few weeks the featured items have shown off a smaller set of items with a particular theme. This week ‘Bird’ is the word. Before that we had the seaside and flowers – all very summery so far, even if the weather isn’t.

It’s a great chance to show off some of the lovely things on Folksy. There are great products right across the board, in all price ranges. C’mon, have a look.

There are also three new featured sellers, all with plenty of birds in their shop. So, feast your eyes on:

• Cherryloco – characterful silver jewellery from Lauren Ridley
  • Sooziebee – delightful prints and illustrations on a birdy theme
  • Lost at Sea – fabulous mid-century inspired jewellery from a London-based design duo

The themes will be changing weekly now so do send your requests if you have any.

Photo: Wee birdy necklace from Cherryloco.

Cecca Whetnall August 5, 2009 - 9:03 pm

Ah, I was wondering how the featured sellers and items work!
I love your choices so far, birds, flowers and seaside, all lovely. Can I suggest art or painting as a theme? Or is it not themey enough?
My next favourite thing would have to be jugs – real and painted/designed :-)

heather niftyknits August 5, 2009 - 9:03 pm

I think we all make ART of one sort of another. Personally I think Meerkats would be an ideal theme ;-) or maybe space (as in the final frontier)

flowers could easily go again lots more times, there are way more than were featured (naturally) and likewise seaside.

Anne August 5, 2009 - 9:03 pm

They’re great suggestions, thanks. There are some things that are great for highlighting items across all the categories, so I’ve been trying to think of them for now. And then there’s a lot of stuff that doesn’t fit easily into some themes (like a lot of jewellery) so I was wondering about doing a colour next. I’m going to see what we’ve got for jugs now – didn’t think of that one :)

Cecca (Dick and Franny) August 5, 2009 - 9:03 pm

Thanks Anne!
Jugs would be great. I saw this fab teatowel earlier today from Mrs Eliot Books, which I thought was jugs, but is actually lovely pots – maybe a combo theme? : http://www.folksy.com/items/41296-New-Collectibles-tea-towel

Snowdrops August 5, 2009 - 9:03 pm

Love the birds…
If you do jugs I demand at least one painting of a nude lady…. tee hee hee…

Alternate ‘theme’ with ‘colour’ get a really good mix that way :D Don’t forget gold and silver as colours too (give all those jewelers a fair go)

Also, what about materials as themes? Leather, wood, felt, wool, cotton, paper (other wedding anniversary themes?)… you might need to look closer but you could still get a really interesting cross section.

magicalice August 5, 2009 - 9:03 pm

I love the themed featured items, as I love organistaion like that, a bit like visual merchandising….Ideas for themes; hearts, back to school (uni, college) with loads of bags, accessories, stationary, if you are going by colour what about funfair or festival and have lots of mad brights and neon or retro with lots of retro inspired designs, or beauty which could include cosmetics, candles, mirrors and beautiful things…..

Carole King August 5, 2009 - 9:03 pm

How about ‘Fish’ or widened out to something like ‘The Sea’ or ‘Seaside’- quite appropriate for this time of year ( we are even getting some sunshine in Wales this year!)