Home Archive Christmas Tree Ornaments

Christmas Tree Ornaments

by Folksy Support

A trip to the local Christmas tree seller, often a debate over whether to buy the more expensive Nordman Fir (non drop, very pretty) or maybe the more traditional Norway Spruce (smells like Christmas!), or even climbing up into the attic to get down the artificial tree…

It all means one thing and that’s the beginning of Christmas proper, permission to get excited, eat mince pies, drink sherry/mulled wine at will, sing carols and of course completing one of the most important xmas traditions of all, decorating the Christmas tree.  No matter when your family tradition dictates it has to be done,  1st of December or Christmas Eve, it’s often a very personal and memorable experience.  We’d love you to share your Christmas tree traditions, please leave us a comment and tell us how it’s done in your family.

Lovebirds Christmas ornaments Reindeer Decoration Reindeer Decoration
mini christmas wreath gingerbread man Reindeer Decoration
Nativity Decoration Reindeer Decoration Tree Ornament

Mark Christmas 2010 with a new handmade ornament, bought direct from the artist who made it, all but 5% of the cost will go directly to the craftsman. Here are just a few from the hundreds of handcrafted baubles, christmas ornaments and tree decorations available at www.folksy.com

sarahkerry November 1, 2010 - 9:21 am

I love christmas, and covering the tree in edible decorations – my sister make parcels of sweets and I make gingerbread decorations

skyjewels November 1, 2010 - 9:32 am

We have 2 trees, one in the front room which is mine and one in the dining room which is the kids. We let them decorate with all their things they have made at school, it’s great to get them out each year and realise how quick time goes by!!
I have some lovely bauble hooks in my shop http://www.folksy.com/shops/skyjewels

Victoria November 1, 2010 - 9:40 am

I love christmas, usually me and my mum put all the decorations up and my dad ‘assists’ I mean ‘critiques’ the look!

On Christmas Eve I usually make some sort of tasty treat to have with a cup of tea : )

jean November 1, 2010 - 9:41 am

We decorate the tree the last sunday before Christmas. Glass of sherry, carols playing, husband swearing at the lights!
I always buy a new decoration and following a Scandanavian tradition I take a decoration to every house I visit for the hostess to wish them well.

trashtasticknits November 1, 2010 - 9:42 am

I have a branch decorated with fir cones stars and lights. The kids bought a christmas tree last year back to my branch this year. I love it.

Rags to Roses November 1, 2010 - 10:08 am

Lovely! I have been making Christmas presents since October and planning since August. I am soooooo excited.
Come see my lovely wicker decorations too
x

Hilary November 1, 2010 - 10:32 am

I’m loving reading everyones Christmas tree traditions – We’re always away for Christmas so we put our tree up about the 10th so the kids get to appreciate our tree too, we than snip off a branch and pick some favourite decorations and a string of lights and use it to decorate our van as we travel around our various relatives houses scattered across the uk!

Ali November 1, 2010 - 11:00 am

I love decorating the tree! We buy ourselves a new “posh” decoration every year and now have a wonderful eclectic and colourful mix of decorations. This year will be a handmade addition for sure!
Ali
x

Elaine November 1, 2010 - 1:02 pm

Our main tradition is for the kids to lay out their pillowcases before bed and call up the chimney to Father Christmas with what they’re hoping he’ll bring (with me and Paul hoping we have bought at least one of the items they ask for!). Of course now our two are 11 and 13, that tradition is fast disappearing :0(
Here’s my little dolly peg Santa “Countdown to Christmas” – we’ll be putting one on our tree this year http://www.folksy.com/items/949901-Dolly-Peg-Santa-Countdown-to-Christmas-tree-decoration-Father-Christmas?shop=yes

Elissa @ Not Just Handbags November 1, 2010 - 4:29 pm

The first weekend in December we head to our local garden centre where they have real reindeer. We shop for an ornament and then have a chat with Father Christmas who is there to raise funds for a school in Gambia and we always like to see what they have been able to achieve during the year. We go home have mince pies put on cheesy christmas music and put up the tree whilst trying to stop the house bunny munching it or electrocuting herself. Aaah good times, can’t wait now!

Laura (gladwyn) November 1, 2010 - 7:52 pm

We have some old Christmas decoration that both me and my brother made when we where at School (about 12 years ago) which i insist have to go on the tree every year looking bit worse for wear now but that is what reminds me of christmas!!

Winnibriggs House November 1, 2010 - 8:35 pm

We adore Christmas here and tend to be quite traditional. We still have ornaments from my MIL and these are brought out every year together with one or two new ones. We always have a 7-8 foot real tree, usually the sort that flings its needles everywhere, but we dont care thats part of the fun. Home made Christmas cake, home made pudding and this year even the chutney is made!! Too good to be true.. you bet, I’m bound to forget something important!

Tracey Chorley November 11, 2010 - 10:09 pm

My daughter was born in November 2008 and from her first Christmas I’ve been buying a few Christmas tree decorations for her each year, which I plan to give to her when she leaves home (I’m not wishing my life away honest!)so that she has a lovely collection of decorations for her own tree.

Edie Sloane November 16, 2010 - 9:28 am

Lovely decorations – Christmas is just so yummy – all you need now are some lovely Gingerbread stockings to hang for Santa – visit mine on http://www.folksy.com/shops/EdieSloane?shop_section=christmas

Hilary November 16, 2010 - 9:34 am

Thanks Edie – they look fab!

Rachel November 17, 2010 - 10:10 am

Great! I just listed a Christmas decoration here http://forums.folksy.com/forums/6/topics/229201

Alison December 1, 2010 - 6:40 pm

I’ve just added an appliqued christmas stocking

Personalized Christmas Ornament February 21, 2011 - 2:47 am

Great resource. I will def use it fir the next Christmas, Thanks a lot!

Personalized Ornaments for Expecting Parents - Righ September 28, 2011 - 1:01 pm

[…] the perfect Personalized Christmas Ornament for each member of your family, team or party today!Expectant parents love to get gifts that will always remind them of the time when they were waiting …their heart for many years to come then think about giving them a personalized ornament. […]