Home NewsDevelopment Facebook Shop and Open Graph Update

Facebook Shop and Open Graph Update

by Folksy Admin

Hello,

Facebook are changing the way that applications work on their platform. As of Saturday the 1st October the Folksy Facebook shop application we introduced last year will be withdrawn as it will not work with the new changes. Anyone trying to access the Folksy shop will see the link in the left nav on their Facebook profile page will have disappeared. We’ll be working on creating a new application for next year. By this time we’ll have a better understanding of how the applications will work on Facebook and how we can deliver a more effective promotional tool for Folksy makers and designers.

However…

Whilst a lot of sellers have installed the application they don’t actually deliver particularly good views and lead to very few conversions.

A far more significant way to generate sales leads is through what Facebook call their Open Graph and what everyone else see as Like buttons on web pages. These Like buttons are integrated into all Folksy item pages. When someone ‘likes’ an item they can comment on the Like and this is posted to their life stream on Facebook for their friends to see.

Clare September 30, 2011 - 3:43 pm

Such a shame :o( I’m not a fan of all the Facebook changes at the moment!

Charlotte September 30, 2011 - 4:26 pm

It is a shame but, I agree that I don’t think people particuarly visit the Folksy site via it, they go there from the like links though

baggieaggietoo September 30, 2011 - 6:33 pm

My Folksy page is currently my landing page. What will people see instead, I wonder?

Sue Hunt October 1, 2011 - 6:04 pm

I am really miffed now as I had deleted my FB shop so that visitors to the my page would go straight into Folksy for a look see, over the other shops I use….. So much for loyalty!!!

Raven's Stained Glass September 30, 2011 - 8:06 pm

Oh poo.. I’ve directed quite a few people to my shop via that :-(

BaggieAggieToo.. Search for Pagemodo on FB. It’s an app you can use to create a gorgeous landing page.

Field of gems September 30, 2011 - 8:43 pm

Its a big shame, facebook doesnt allow you to sell right off the page so using the app meant you got round that. But if its happened to Folksy then the rest of the apps will be next!

she is all art October 1, 2011 - 1:41 pm

yeah a real shame…. i was directing traffic using facebook too…… not loving the changes on facebook at the mo at all….. hopefully a better solution will be found

Laurenceramics October 1, 2011 - 10:24 pm

Not great but you can still sell via Facebook fan pages- look up Payvment and install the app. Easy to list there too.

Sue Hunt October 2, 2011 - 10:16 am

That is the shop I use to use but decided to promote Folksy, how come people still have there Etsy Links there?

Sue Hunt October 2, 2011 - 11:37 am