The HandMade Living Show is a major new lifestyle event, the biggest “hand made” shopping experience on these shores, and it’s coming to Earl’s Court in London on the 5th to 7th September 2014. The show will combine handmade shopping with craft sessions, demonstrations, talks, and tutorials. So visitors can get the kit, get the inspiration and get the finished piece all under one roof. This is the show for everyone with a passion for all things handmade.
This is your chance to be there – as part of the Folksy village.
Exhibit your craft creations:
The Handmade Marketplace will offer one of the largest selections of British designers and makers ever brought together in the UK, selling quality craft to a passionate audience. The organisers are looking for stylish, modern crafts from creative, independent makers. Space is limited and selection criteria apply.
Or your craft supplies:
A key element of the show is to encourage people to get stuck in. After they’ve had a go in one of the craft feature areas, they will want to leave with the tools and inspiration to explore these new crafts at home. So the HandMade Living team are looking for a limited number of suppliers to supply the modern craft movement with the tools and products they need. So whatever craft product you sell – from stamps to bobbins, and fabric bundles to yarn – this could be just the right audience for your supplies.
Prices and details
The HandMade Living Show is offering Folksy sellers the opportunity to take a stand at the show at a special discounted rate of £600+VAT for a 3m x 2m stand. This is a larger space than the normal stands available for the same price, and also includes free stand lighting (which is normally extra). Stands in the Folksy Village will be in a specially branded area, which will also be featured in the show guide and floorplans. If the idea of taking a whole stand is a bit daunting, you can even share a stand with another Folksy seller.
Exhibitors in the Folksy village also have a chance to be featured as the maker of the week on the “Meet The Maker” section of the show’s website. So the earlier you book a stand, the more chance of being featured, and the sooner the organisers can get the pre-publicty machine in gear and working for you!
Running up to the event we will also be featuring Folksy makers selling at the show across our social media sites, in our mailouts and on our blog, so there’s extra promotion too!
To apply for a stand, call the HandMade Living team on 07901 654000 or email: email@example.com. Please quote your Folksy shop name as this offer is exclusively available for Folksy sellers.
* * * * * * * * * * *
If you take a stand, here are just some of the people you will be joining:
- best-selling US author Debbie Stoller of Stitch N’ Bitch fame
- Benjamin Wilson from KnitYouNextTuesday
- Stuart Hillard and Lauren Guthrie from the Great British Sewing Bee
- lino-printing workshops with Zeena Shah from Heart Zeena
- life-drawing classes courtesy of the brilliant Dr Sketchys
- letterpress lessons with Mr Smith
- screen printing with Print Club London
- design guru Wayne Hemingway
- Great British Bake Off champs John Whaite and Edd Kimber, who will be sharing their baking tips
- papercut artist Poppy Chancellor
- craft journalist and creative director of Mastered Perri Lewis
And here are a few more facts and figures about the show:
- The organisers are expecting 25-30,000 visitors over the three days
- The show is mainly aimed at women in their 20s to 40s
- This is the first mainstream crossover lifestyle craft event in the UK
- It aims to provide a mainstream outlet for people who want to buy handmade, try out a new craft, or physically meet the rest of the community involved in the new craft movement
- The show is being organised by the team behind the award-winning Cake & Bake Show
- For more facts and stats see the Why Exhibit section of the HandMade Living website