Free crepe paper flower tutorial by Lia Griffith
If you’ve been awed by the incredible paper flowers that our featured maker Helen Wilde from Paper Bea Company creates – see her beautiful paper bouquets and read our Meet the Maker interview here – why not have a go at this tutorial by another wonder woman of craft, Lia Griffith. These Double Daffodils crepe paper flowers would look as gorgeous in a wedding bouquet as they would at home in a vase or as part of a paper posy.
To celebrate the launch of her new nature-inspired crepe papers, Lia Griffith is giving this Double Daffodil crepe paper flower tutorial as special freebie for Folksy readers – just scroll down to find the instructions and download the template. And once you’ve tried your hand at these paper flowers, you’ll find hundreds more crafty tutorials and printables over at www.liagriffith.com where Lia inspires millions of people worldwide to reconnect with their creativity through daily DIY projects, tutorials and videos.
Lia Griffith Membership Offer
Join LiaGriffith.com and you’ll be able to enjoy full access to their HUGE library of DIY templates, craft tutorials and printables for $7 a month. With over 40 brand new DIY projects added every month, that’s a lot of making!
As Folksy blog reader you can get 20% off annual membership! Just head to the Lia Griffith membership page and use the code folksy20 > https://liagriffith.com/membership/
Double Daffodil Paper Flower Tutorial
This tutorial uses Lia’s new range of botanical-inspired crepe papers, which take their cue from the beauty of the natural world. The colour palette has been specially chosen by Lia to reflect the colours of flowers and foliage, with shades like Peony Pink, Honeysuckle, Light Rose, Fern and Moss, making them perfect for creating stunning paper flowers. Lia Griffith crepe papers are available in the UK here >
You will need…
Hot glue gun
- Gather your tools and materials.
- Cut out the crepe paper according to pattern (you can download the pdf below).
- Colour the top edge of the rectangular pieces of crepe paper with yellow marker.
- Stretch the top of the rectangles and flower petals a bit at a time to create a ruffled edge.
- Glue the ruffled rectangle pieces around the end of a length of floral wire, gluing in the six smallest petals while continually wrapping around so they are mixed in.
- Glue the medium then the large petals around flower centre.
- Use floral tape to cover the wire. Glue the leaves on to the stem and then use floral tape to secure them in place.
- Repeat until you have a beautiful bouquet of double daffodils!
Find more crepe paper flower tutorials at liagriffith.com
Discover more paper flowers and wedding bouquets on Folksy >
If you enjoyed reading this article please share it using the buttons below…