Join the ’12 Days of Folksy’ Instagram Challenge – 1-12 December 2018
Who doesn’t love an Instagram Challenge?! We definitely do! We love Christmas a whole lot too, so we thought why not combine the two and create the ’12 Days of Folksy’ festive Instagram Challenge?
The 12 Days of Folksy is a fantastically festive Instagram hashtag challenge you can join in with this December. It’s designed to give you ideas for Instagram posts, introduce you to new customers, grow your community, help increase your visibility over the crazy Christmas season – and also to be fun!
How do I join in?
- First have a look at the prompts in the picture above.
- Create a post for each day from 1-12 December based around that day’s theme.
- Share your post on Instagram on the relevant day, adding the #12DaysofFolksy hashtag to your caption and tagging us @folksyhq.
What if I’m not on Instagram? Can I still take part?
What kind of things should I post?
We’ve kept the prompts broad so you can be creative! Interpret them how you like – think about giving people an insight into your creative life, snippets from your home and studio, how you do Christmas at your house, highlighting things like your craft skills, works in progress or beautiful packaging and your values.
This isn’t just about selling your products, it’s about connecting with people!
Make sure you check the hashtag regularly to see what other people are posting too, and share the love by liking and commenting. This will help everyone get seen more but it will also grow your community and help you find your tribe.
I heard rumours that there are prizes too…
Oh yes! Check our Instagram every day over the 12 Days of Folksy Challenge, where we’ll be giving away some incredibly special pieces by Folksy sellers. We’ve gathered together a selection of brilliant prizes that would make everyone’s Christmas dreams come true.
Look out for the first giveaway announcement on the @FolksyHQ grid and find out how you can win on Saturday 1st December.
How to join in with the 12 Days of Folksy – a recap:
- To take part, check our list of prompts and then create a post for each day from 1-12 December on that day’s theme. Share your posts on Instagram and/or your other social media channels using the #12DaysofFolksy hashtag in the caption and tag us at @folksyhq.
- Check our social media channels every day for our 12 Days of Folksy giveaways to find out what that day’s prize is and how you can win.
- Keep checking the #12DaysofFolksy hashtag – like and comment on other people’s posts to share the love and help them get seen (you could even share your favourite posts on your own Instagram Stories!)
- Read our article about Instagram Challenges and how to make them work for you >
- Confused by hashtags? Read Sara from Me and Orla’s guide on the Folksy blog >
- Want to know the best hashtags for designers and makers – see this list >
- Learn how hashtags can help you grow your community and brand >
- Hand-printed Mistletoe Lantern by Hannah Madden Printmaker – available here
- Winter Drifts Bear Linoprint by John Bloor – available on Folksy here
- Mistletoe Snowflake Card by Elly Rowbotham Printmaker – available here