Folksy Friday Films – how you can play along
We’re teaming up with amazing animator Leanne Warren of Mr Mouse fame again, to inject some fun into each and every Friday this May and June – and we want YOU to join in!
Every Friday, starting on Friday 3rd May and finishing on Friday 28th June, we’ll be releasing an animated short featuring nice things from Folksy. Each mini stop-motion will tie in with the Folksy Theme of the Day, as seen on our homepage… which results in slightly odd conversations like this:
The seagull is going to be beautiful, it’s just whether the donkey head will be ready in time. The rainforest zombies are definitely go though.
How YOU can join the Folksy Friday Fun
Alongside the animations, we would love you all to get involved and create your own Folksy Fridays. Here’s how you can play along:
- Check our Theme of the Day (you can find them listed below, here or in our Folksy Clubhouse Facebook Group) – or if none of those get your creative juices flowing, why not invent your own theme!
- Find a selection of lovely things from folksy.com that fit your theme
- Create a Folksy Friday post on your blog, Pinterest and/or your social media channels featuring the pieces you’ve chosen from Folksy (tagging the makers and linking back to the pieces, where possible)
- Add the #folksyfriday and #folksyfridayfun hashtags to your social media posts, so we can see and share them.
- Like, share and comment on every #folksyfriday post you find on social, so they get seen by more people.
- Look out for our Folksy Friday films and give them as much love as possible!
In return for all your hard (but hopefully happy) work, we’ll share as many of your Folksy Friday Fun posts as we can on our social media channels!
Folksy Friday Themes for May
Here are the official Folksy Friday themes for May. You can use these as a starting point for your Folksy Friday posts or just come up with your own – that’s totally fine too! There are no hard and fast rules, it’s just about having fun, celebrating the amazing things handmade on Folksy, connecting with people and feeling the joy!
Friday 3 May: Felted
Friday 10 May: Zombie Awareness Month
Friday 17 May: Unicorns
Friday 24 May: Dancing
Friday 31 May: Linocuts
So get creative and get sharing! We can’t wait to see what you come up with.
You’ll find more inspiration for your Folksy Fridays here – https://blog.folksy.com/folksy-friday
PS. If you want to know more about our Theme of the Day feature and how it works, click here https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1894816