Win tickets to the Selvedge Winter Fair and more Selvedge goodness
The team behind the cult magazine Selvedge are bringing work by a curated collection of 50 merchants and makers to Bloomsbury for the Selvedge Winter Fair this December, including hand-printed homewares from Tamasyn Gambell, blankets from Chalk Wovens, vintage threads from Linladan and hand-woven eri silk scarves from Annaloom. Visitors can take a stroll through the pages of the magazine and enjoy rare vintage fabrics, covetable haberdashery and skilfully handmade textile treasures.
The Selvedge Winter Fair brings together one-of-a-kind goods, such as handmade quilts, treasures from the silk road, knitwear and sustainable fashion of timeless simplicity. It’s a chance for visitors to meet makers, catch up with old friends, and pick up that special something in preparation for the festive season.
Selvedge is offering Folksy followers the chance to enter a competition to win a special goody bag worth £100, containing:
- A Selvedge tote bag
- A Selvedge 2020 calendar
- A collection of 12 cards
- A copy of issue 91 of the magazine, Luxe
- Two tickets to the Selvedge Winter Fair
To enter our Selvedge Giveaway…⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- follow us @folksyhq on Instagram⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- find this post (the one with the image above)⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- leave a comment on that post, and…
- feel free to tag a friend or two who you think would also like this giveaway.
The giveaway closes at midnight on Wednesday 27th November when one winner will be chosen from the comments on our Instagram post. The winner will be informed by Friday 29th November and they must be able to claim their prize in person at the Selvedge Winter Fair in London on Saturday 7th December 2019.
Two-for-one entry to the Selvedge Winter Fair
Selvedge is also offering all Folksy subscribers, sellers and followers 2-for-1 entry to the Selvedge Winter Fair using the code WINTERFAIR19. Book your tickets to the Selvedge Winter Fair here.
Selvedge Winter Fair
Saturday 7 December, 11am to 5pm
Mary Ward House, 5-7 Tavistock Street, London WC1H 9SN
What is Selvedge?
Selvedge is an independent magazine based in London, which is dedicated to exploring the culture of cloth. The Selvedge point of view is unashamedly biased towards the handmade. This bias is at the heart of the stories the magazine brings to its readers. The Selvedge events are built around the same passion for nurturing and promoting highly skilled British and international makers of handmade textiles.
Terms and conditions
* The competition winner must claim their prize in person at the Selvedge Winter Fair in London on Saturday 7 December 2019. We are unable to post the prize to the winner. One winner will be chosen from the comments on our Instagram post; The giveaway closes at midnight on Wednesday 27th November 2019 and the winner will be informed by Friday 29th November 2019; The giveaway is open to entrants worldwide but the prize must be collected in person at the event; If the winning entrant cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, we reserve the right to stand that entrant down and select another winner; The prize is as described above and cannot be exchanged for their monetary value or other goods; Folksy’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into; Folksy reserves the right to alter and/or cancel the competition without any prior warning; All personal data submitted with consent will be kept by Folksy for the sole purpose of sending out the prize; This giveaway is promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.