How to join the ’12 Days of Folksy’ Instagram Challenge – 1-12 December 2020
The 12 Days of Folksy is practically tradition now. It’s a fun way to get into the festive spirit, flex your creative muscles and meet other creative folk on Instagram – and this year it comes with prizes every day too! Read on to find out what it is, how it works and how you can take part!
What is the 12 Days of Folksy 2020?
The 12 Days of Folksy is a festive Instagram hashtag challenge that runs from 1st to 12 December. It’s open to anyone – you don’t have to be a Folksy seller to join in. You can do the full 12 days or just play along when you can. There’s no pressure, it’s just a bit of fun!
Each day has a festive theme. Here are the prompts for 2020:
1st Dec – Merry & Bright
2nd Dec – It’s Cold Outside
3rd Dec – Hang With Care
4th Dec – Nourish
5th Dec – Gather
6th Dec – Dear Santa…
7th Dec – Fairytale
8th Dec – Glisten
9th Dec – Last Christmas
10th Dec – Evergreen
11th Dec – Christmas Jumper
12th Dec – Wonderful Life
We’ll share the prompts every morning on our Instagram account @FolksyHQ so you get a reminder.
To join in, just post a picture on your Instagram account based on that day’s theme – it can be something you made, an illustration, a video, a photo of your cat in a Santa hat, whatever you want that fits the prompt. Then add the #12DaysofFolksy hashtag to your caption and tag us @FolksyHQ.
Tell us about the prizes!
Imagine the 12 Days of Folksy as an advent calendar. Each day we’ll open a different window, but before we do, you have to guess what’s behind it. You get one guess each, and whoever is right that day wins £25 to spend on Folksy! Fun, right?!
- Each morning in our first 12 Days of Folksy Instagram post of the day we’ll ask you all to guess what’s behind the door of our advent calendar.
- You leave your guess as a comment on that post.
- Later that day, we’ll open the door and reveal what’s inside.
- Whoever guessed right wins £25 to spend on Folksy!
- If no one guesses right, the prize will rollover to the next day.
Explain again how I join in?
It’s really easy to take part. Here’s how:
- Check the daily prompts in the picture above.
- Create a post for each day from 1-12 December based on that day’s theme.
- Share your post on Instagram on that day, adding the #12DaysofFolksy hashtag to your caption.
- Tag us @folksyhq so we can see it.
What kind of things should I post?
We’ve kept the prompts broad so you can be creative! Interpret them how you like – maybe snippets from your studio, how you do Christmas at your house, your festive traditions? It’s up to you!
This isn’t just about selling your products, it’s about connecting with people, so make your posts as interesting, creative and beautiful as possible.
Have a look at the #12DaysofFolksy hashtag for inspiration from previous years.
What if I’m not on Instagram? Can I still take part?
Absolutely! If you’re not on Instagram, don’t worry. You can also take part on Twitter and Facebook or even on your blog. Just follow the same process as you would on Instagram.
I don’t understand what hashtags are. Can you help?
We can! We’ve got loads of articles on the blog about Instagram, hashtags and hashtag challenges. Here are some good ones to get you started:
- What are Instagram Challenges and how to make them work for you >
- How to use hashtags by Sara from Me and Orla’s >
- A list of the best hashtags for designers and makers >
- How hashtags can help you grow your community and brand >
We can’t wait to see all your posts. Leave a comment if you have any questions, and most important of all…