Visibility tips from The Helpful Hustle
Hi! I’m Becks, Visibility Coach for small businesses and Founder of The Helpful Hustle. With almost 20 years of experience in business and broadcast, plus spending the last decade as a solopreneur, I have a wealth of experience to share with you all.
Like you, I’ve found that the world of ‘going it alone’ hasn’t always been plain sailing. There’s been plenty of ups, downs and wondering where the next pay cheque is coming from. But one thing I do know is that those who have an entrepreneurial spirit – particularly during times like these – can, with the right guidance, really thrive.
Visibility for you and your brand is key. You need to create solid foundations for a sustainable, growing business, and then know how to amplify your brand values and key messages, both online and offline. Doing this is easier when you have the confidence on camera to speak to your target audience in the most effective way, so you can build that relationship with your customers and ultimately guide them towards buying your products!
This is exactly what I specialise in:
- presenting yourself confidently on camera – from Instagram Stories to YouTube videos and interviews
- creating strategies to make the most of social media, get seen and boost sales
- showing you how to communicate your passion and stand out from the crowd
- learning how to network virtually with confidence
- creating achievable goals, build routines and become more productive
To start things off, I’m going to share my top tips for visibility. I’ve outlined the main points below – I’d recommend reading them first and then watching the video, where we cover each point in more detail and drill down with examples and suggestions.
Watch the video below for more tips and suggestions on how to make your business more visible, as well as practical tips on how to feel more confident on camera. If the video doesn’t autoplay, click this link to watch on YouTube > https://youtu.be/8dukCQDLBxc
Top Tips for Visibility:
1) Starting off on the right foot: Before you get out there, you should make sure you have all your ducks in a row. Is your brand message clear, are you keeping it simple for your customer, do you speak their language?
2) Confidence on camera: On social media you basically have a number of FREE marketing platforms, so utilising them correctly and showing you as the face behind the brand is really important. There’s all sorts of ways in which you can do this and often taking the first step may feel like a big leap, but it’s such a worthwhile thing to do.
3) Never missing a beat: Productivity, consistency, planning and discipline are key to running a business. Are you working smart or working too hard? You may think you’re running a tight ship, but often when you dig down into the mechanics of your business, you may find that there’s always room for improvement.
4) Knowing what makes you stand out: It’s a busy place out there, so how will you compete in the market? What’s your unique selling point, once you know this, then it’s about amplifying that message to your target customer.
5) Selling in the right way: Whether it’s a product or service, are your selling skills up to scratch? You may be pushing too hard, or not enough. Have you priced everything right? If not, it’s never too late to revisit pricing and adjust. But knowing your worth is of the utmost importance and remember, you’re the seller, not the buyer, don’t think you know what they want to pay better than they do. You do you and be confident in that.
Ease your way into being in front of the camera. It’s about getting you over that hill. Showing your hands can be that first step – and it can be really powerful for you. You can film yourself from overhead making something, chop it down to 15 seconds, put it in a reel on Instagram and you might get a thousand views – and that’s a thousand potential customers interested in your brand. And once you get the positivity that comes from that, it might just egg you on into doing the next thing, which might be showing your face and going ‘oh hello, it’s me.’Becks, The Helpful Hustle
Helpful Hustle offers for Folksy sellers:
If you’re a small business that needs a helping hand in making your brand more visible, then I give friendly, affordable advice and coaching that can really help and I’d love to speak with you about how I can be there for you.
If you want to have a discussion about how your business is going and what having the help of a coach can do for you, book in a FREE 15 minute Clarity Call to talk about your business and what options may be worth considering.
You can do this by using this link: https://www.helpfulhustle.com/bookings-checkout/lift-off
We’ll look at the right kind of coaching for you as well as applying a special Folksy discount to certain coaching courses.
Find Helpful Hustle on social media here