Head of Ecommerce & Operations – new job role
Update: Applications for this vacancy have closed
Folksy is a thriving ecommerce marketplace and craft community, used by hundreds of thousands of people every month. We’ve been established for more than a decade, supporting artists and makers all over the UK by offering them an online platform to sell their handmade work and connect with other like-minded people. We are small, lean team (just 5!), with rapid growth and exciting projects on our roadmap.
Help us super-power makers and grow Folksy!
We want someone to lead on marketing decisions to support our strategy for growing Folksy, and help co-ordinate product decisions and technical development, driving the business to meet its goals and its objectives month-to-month and week-to-week.
We’re looking for someone with a rounded ecomm skillset including strategy, delivering cost effective marketing campaigns, testing and analysis, and an appreciation of how product experience affects adoption, churn and growth.
It’s a pivotal role and it’ll require you to be hands-on – we don’t have agencies or suppliers to help deliver our work, it is all done in-house and managed by a small team of 5 people. However, you will be supported by the directors who you will also report to.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop strategy and direction backed up with supporting figures for return-on-investment
- Lead the team to coordinate efforts, with clear goals and objectives and associated KPIs
- Measure the impact of business decisions and optimise to improve decision making
- Put in the time, thought and effort to prioritisation of projects and tasks with the team, and put the guides in place to help the team manage that through
- Work alongside a Product Lead to align the development of the product with marketing and operations
- Significant experience in Ecommerce (retail, sales)
- Revenue generating and financial management experience
- Planning or overseeing marketing spend, and scrutinising its effectiveness
- Competence in dealing with KPIs and other business numbers, and in particular around budgets and Google Analytics
- Leading small, multi-disciplinary teams, and taking ownership of projects and outcomes, ideally in a remote environment
Ideally they will also have some of the following:
- History of working with technical teams and customer-facing teams
- Experience related to marketplaces or communities
- Understanding of the way ‘product’ and ‘marketing’ can work together to grow an audience and sales, to support our sellers in growing their results
- Experience of agile ways of working
The role is national and is expected to be done remotely, with occasional meet-ups in Sheffield and London. We encourage applications from people wanting to work part-time and/or flexi-time and those returning to work after taking a career break.
- Negotiable dependent upon experience and capability
- Performance bonus (linked to sales)
How to apply
- In 750 words (or 10 mins or less if you want to use video or audio) tell us how you could help us to grow, and what you would bring to the role.
- Summarise your work life and studies, and include key learnings you’ve had in that time which you feel are relevant to the role.
- Include any links to your LinkedIn / Twitter / Portfolio, if you believe relevant.
Send your application to email@example.com. Applications close at midnight on 7th June 2021.
If you have any questions about the role or want to talk it through please get in touch via the same email address.
No agencies or recruiters, thank you.