Folksy Spring Market – apply for your stall now!
We’re thrilled to announce that our online market is coming back for a spring outing! This will be a chance for stallholders to showcase and sell their products, launch collections and reach new customers.
The market will be hosted online on Tresstle, where customers will be able to shop all the virtual stalls. Alongside the shopping, we’re hoping to run craft demonstrations, ‘market walks’ where we talk to stallholders about their products over video, and live interviews on Instagram too.
The Folksy Online Spring Market is happening over the weekend of 14-15 May 2022.
Thinking of applying but want to know more first?
If you haven’t sold at an online market before and you’re not sure how they work, we recommend reading this guide: https://blog.folksy.com/2021/09/15/guide-to-selling-at-online-markets
And if you want to understand more about the benefits of online markets, this article and video may also be useful: https://blog.folksy.com/2021/06/21/benefits-of-online-markets
Watch an example of our Market Walks here: https://youtu.be/51vL29H4t58
Watch an example of one of the craft demonstrations from our Christmas Market here: https://youtu.be/mNOYWyssUUk
- A stall at the Folksy Online Spring Market costs £19.50.
- The market is being run on Tresstle.
- To apply as a stallholder, you will first need to register as a user on Tresstle.
- Registration on Tresstle costs £10. This is a one-off fee, after which you’ll be able to apply to join any upcoming events on their platform (not just those run by Folksy) or even host your own events.
- Customers won’t need to register on Tresstle to shop at the market.
- Applications close at 11pm on 31st March 2022.
- Stalls at the market will be curated by Folksy and the Folksy Local team captains.
- We will let everyone know if their applications have been successful before Friday 8th April.
- If your application to the Folksy market is successful, you will receive an acceptance email with an invoice and details of how to pay. Your place will only be confirmed once the payment has cleared.
- We are unable to refund the Tresstle registration fee if your application to the Folksy market is unsuccessful.
- Before applying, please ensure you read our terms and cancellation policy: https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1974345-online-market-terms-and-conditions
What you’ll get as a stallholder
As a stallholder you’ll get:
- Your own ‘stall’ on the Folksy Spring Market page on Tresstle, which links straight through to your Folksy shop
- To be part of a collective of stallholders, all coming together to pool resources, pointing to the same page and promoting the event (along with us!)
- Access to our private Facebook group where you can meet other stallholders and pick up tips
- Promotion on Folksy and/or Folksy Local social media channels
- Free graphics and customisable templates to promote the event
- A Zoom Q&A with the organisers (us!) – to ask questions and get advice
- The opportunity to feature in live interviews/market walks or do a live or pre-recorded craft demo
We will be promoting the event and our stallholders using paid social media adverts, across our social media channels and in our newsletter.