Folksy’s New Search Experience
We want to update you on some of the work we’re doing behind the scenes. We listen to and value your feedback and know that up to now using Folksy’s Search has been a frustrating experience. Today (28th July 2022) we are delighted to tell you that we are launching our new Search experience in beta.
Scroll down to read our update
Our community’s input is very valuable to us. To ensure that the Search function is as good as it can be, and that it meets your needs, we welcome your feedback.
Here’s how you can share your results:
Everytime you run a search, you can click a button marked Feedback to tell us about their accuracy. We will gather this information and make any necessary changes to ensure that you can find what you’re looking for.
What happens next?
The beta stage will conclude at the end of August. We will analyse the data and make any necessary adjustments. As always we are committed to improving the services we offer for both our sellers and our buyers and welcome all feedback at any time.
Update on Search – 12 October 2022
After the launch of our new Search function at the end of July, we initiated a period of feedback. We wanted to involve our community to ensure that we created the best possible search experience, one that works for everyone.
That feedback time was completed at the end of August. Since then, we have been combing through the internal and community observations and made the necessary adjustments.
Here is some of the changes and fixes we have implemented so far:
- The ‘lag’ that sometimes happened between clicking the search field and being taken to the new search experience has been fixed.
- We’ve increased the search results returned from 200 to 1,000. We understand that some sellers would prefer an exhaustive list of results but there are two reasons why we’ve chosen not to offer this: 1) Our search is optimised to return the results that best meet what users are looking for, and exceeding 1,000 results introduces a performance dip that we’re not comfortable with; 2) Our metrics show that very few users click the ‘show more results’ button.
- We’ve fixed the gift guide links that were broken. Thanks LizzieMade for reporting.
- We’ve fixed broken image icons appearing on search results under certain conditions.
- We’ve made some improvements so that a single seller’s items aren’t all grouped together unless it’s relevant or you are searching for that specific shop.
- We’ve also made general changes to the way we rank search results based on feedback.
A heartfelt thank you to our community for providing so much detailed feedback.
We will be keeping an eye on the functionality of search and, as always, we are open to feedback. We will make adjustments as needed to keep it the best Search that it can be.