How to use the new Sales & Discounts feature on Folksy
After recently launching our new Search page and one-click checkout, we have another new feature for you! We are introducing an extra ‘Sales and Discounts’ option that allows Folksy sellers to offer discounts on individual items in their Folksy shop.
This means Folksy sellers now have a choice between running a shop-wide promotion using a discount code, or simply reducing the price on one or a selection of their products using our new ‘Sale’ feature.
We know this is something our community has been asking for for a while, as running sales can offer great marketing opportunities and also help move older stock to make room for new pieces. Scroll down to learn how to do it…
To run a sale on selected items on desktop:
- Log into your Folksy account.
- Choose the item you want to discount (either click the ‘edit’ button on the item in your shop or go to the ‘Listings’ section in your Seller Dashboard and clicking the ‘edit’ button next to the item).
- In the ‘Price & Quantity’ section you’ll see a ‘Sale Price’ field, underneath the existing price. Set your sale price. You don’t have to worry about percentages – just type in the price you want to sell it for.
- Click save.
- The sale price will be displayed next to the original price on the product page, as well as in all search results and other pages on Folksy. The price will display as the new amount with the percentage automatically generated next to it.
To run a sale on selected items on the Folksy Sellers App:
- Log into your Folksy account on the Seller App.
- Choose the item you want to discount.
- You’ll see a ‘Sale Price’ field underneath the existing price. Set your sale price. You don’t have to worry about percentages – just type in the price you want to sell it for.
- Tap update.
To take a product off sale:
Simply go back to the ‘Sale Price’ section on the item and remove the sale price. The listing will then revert to its original price.
How to set up a site-wide discount code
You can also still offer shop-wide discounts for customers using the ‘Discount Codes’ feature. Find out how to do that here https://folksy.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/481798-discount-codes
Read our tips on running a sale here – https://blog.folksy.com/2015/07/08/running-a-sale-using-discount-codes-effectively
I’d like to discount multiple items in my shop. Is there a way to do this in bulk?
Currently you need to set the sale price for each item individually, although if this feature proves to be popular we hope to add the ability to bulk edit items on sale.
Can I put any item on sale? What are the legal rules?
Whenever running a sale, Folksy sellers must ensure that they are complying with UK legislation. For example, all sales must be a genuine price reduction and there are laws concerning how long the item must have been available for sale at the previous price before going on sale.
Please refer to the The Consumer Protection (Code of Practice for Traders on Price Indications) Approval Order 2005 or latest legislation: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2005/2705/schedules/made
What happens if I have an item on sale and I am also running a site-wide shop discount?
If a Folksy seller has an item on offer at a ‘sale’ price and a customer uses a valid shop-wide discount code to purchase it, the discount will be applied to the ‘sale’ price (not the original price).
For example, if the original price of an item was £15 but it is on sale for £10 and the customer applies a 10% off discount code, the item will be reduced to £9 at checkout.