Join our Folksy Seconds Sunday Sale – 30th October 2022
We’re always looking for creative ways to support our community of makers, and show our customers beautiful handmade craft to suit every budget. Allow us to introduce Folksy Seconds Sunday.
What is Folksy Seconds Sunday?
The beauty of handmade items is that no two are alike because they’ve been made by a human. Each piece is unique and each one can be perfectly imperfect.
But makers, artists and designers have high standards and often some of the things they’ve made don’t quite meet their exacting criteria. This is called a second. Structurally sound, the item will have minor flaws, which will be highlighted on the listing.
Selling these pieces as seconds allows the customer to purchase a piece of art or craft at a reduced rate and avoids makers throwing away stock, thereby reducing waste.
When is it?
Our first ever Seconds Sale is taking place on Sunday 30th October 2022 at folksy.com.
How do I shop on Seconds Sunday?
Visit folksy.com on Sunday 30th October 2022 and look out for the Seconds Sunday banner on our homepage. You can also follow the hashtag #folksyseconds on social media to be inspired.
Sign up to our newsletter to get first dibs on the seconds.
Share your purchases on social media after the event using the #folksyseconds – to show everyone what you found!
If you’re a Folksy seller and want to take part:
- Create a listing as normal for each of your ‘seconds’ – or edit an existing listing.
- Add the words ‘Seconds Sunday’ to the title.
- Make it clear in the description why this piece is a second, accurately describing any flaws or imperfections, or whether it is an end of line or sample product.
- Add the phrase ‘seconds sunday’ to the tags (without the quotation marks).
- Use our new ‘Sales’ feature to reduce the price (set the price to account for the flaws or imperfections).
- Share your seconds on social media using the hashtag #folksyseconds
Please note: Anyone can take part but, because this is a (free!) event designed for Folksy Plus sellers, the pieces we’ll be promoting will be from Folksy Plus members.
Credit: Seascape tapas bowl by Lorna Gilbert Ceramics – https://folksy.com/shops/lornagilbertceramics