Help us support the amazing community of artists and crafters who use Folksy. We’re looking for a friendly and helpful person who can deal with support queries from buyers and sellers registered with the site, as well as outside contact from prospective buyers/sellers, organisations and the press. This is a customer focused role and therefore needs someone with excellent customer service skills.
- Dealing with support queries from users of the site through our designated support system
- Escalating any appropriate queries to the Support Manager or Technical Support
- General admin work as requested
- Supporting the Content Lead occasionally as requested
We are looking for someone with:
- A good knowledge of Folksy, preferably as a seller (familiar with the administration features and functionality)
- Excellent working knowledge of English language spelling and grammar
- Technical competence in using different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE)
- Ability to use your own initiative in solving problems and enquiries
- Excellent, proven communication and customer service skills, preferably with experience of working with the public
- Experience working with web based services (you should be a “digital native”)
- Good organisation and time management skills – you’ll need to manage your own tasks effectively
Preferable but not essential:
- Experience using spreadsheets (Excel, Numbers or GDocs etc.) would be useful
- Access to your own PC or Mac and a modern browser if working from home
- Good analytical skills – comfortable looking at statistics and data
Location: whilst it would be preferable to be based in Manchester or Sheffield, this position could be undertaken remotely with occasional visits to the office to work with the team.
This is a part time position of an estimated 10 hrs per week, with potentially more hours during busy times, or to cover leave and absences. The ideal candidate would therefore be flexible with their time and be able to split their hours over the week. Training will be offered on the job.
Remuneration: The post is offered as a salaried position with a minimum 10 hours per week at £11.50 per hour
How to Apply:
- Send a simple CV together with examples to support the experience we’re looking for
- Answer this example query as best you can “I bought a blanket on Folksy from the shop “madeupname” two months ago but the blanket is now fraying and coming apart. I’ve asked the seller to see if they would exchange it or repair it but I have had no response. Can you help?”
Please send the above to us via email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 6th April. Interviews will take place the following week, 9th April (by Skype or similar, or face to face if you live close to Manchester or Sheffield).