Home More... It’s a *&^%$

It’s a *&^%$

And it’s also Friday. This is a Friday-day-kinda-post. Someone kindly wrote to us today to ask if she could use Folksy. People don’t usually ask, they just do. However, amongst the things that this person wanted to sell were these:

and (I) wonder what folksy’s views are on willy warmer type items? I attach the latest which is in the form of a brooch, I also do keyrings and “life size” Christmas themed ones

When you’ve picked yourself up let us know what you you think the policy should be? Answers on a postcard, or in the comments

Kerry September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Erm, why?

Becs September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Each to their own… they should use a mature tag, and like on etsy, have to keep the front photo ‘clean’ with a content warning somewhere.

Sneddonia September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Yes, exactly. I don’t mind stuff like that being on the site. Although I wouldn’t want to buy one, it doesn’t offend me. It should be tagged as mature, and have the first photo have a warning on it. :)

All Those Threes September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

HA! <-- Was my first thought! Sure, it should be tagged mature just not to offend those extra-sensitive ones and young ones out there. But I think it's great, very humorous. And it will get a lot of attention. Any publicity is good publicity, right? ;)

debsmuddle September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

I agree.Mature tag,front photo clean.No problem

All Those Threes September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Hm… half of the comment I wanted to leave disappeared!

Lets try again.

HA! Was my first reaction! I think it’s great, very sweet in fact. So long as it has a mature tag so as not to offend the sensitive ones and the young ones it’s fine by me.

Very humorous. And it will get a lot of attention. Any publicity is good publicity, right? ;)

monda September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

OMG, when I first opened the page, I though this was a donkey. What does this say about me?
Eek.

Monda
x

Kalicat September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Well, It looks like a Donkey, are you sure it is something else?
I can see little pink eyes… and pink ears
Well, a hairy donkey.
Have you checked with the designer what it is supposed to be?
LOL
Cat x

twinklyspangle September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Oh come ON. Who cares?! It’s hardly hardcore is it? A knitted ‘willy-esque’ brooch shouldn’t offend anyone!

jennifer | themakelounge September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Definitely clean photo up front as others have suggested. I’m not offended, but as a potential buyer, I’d say it does set a certain tone to the site which may or may not be the one you want.

PG September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

To be honest, I think it’s rather tacky. I’m not offended but I don’t like it. And it would need a mature content tag.

Samantha Levi September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

hahaha I think it’s excellent, great novelty gift!

Dale White September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

i think these are fabulous, a great gift and fantastic for hen nights in particular. I’d get them for my mates at christmas. Love them, really original idea!! Aces!!

Dale White September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Dale White September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Lenny September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

I think that this is fun, quirky and gutsy – like others have said, it’s a fantastic idea for hen parties.

I also agree that the listings should have the mature labelling, similar to Etsy.

People don’t need to ask why or say that they think it’s tacky – each to their own.

The important thing is that she enjoys herself making things for other people, she’s good at it, and she has respect enough for others to ask for thoughts about it first. :)

Woo September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Not my cup of tea but I think she should be allowed to sell them – why not…….

Lucy September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

I think its fab and funny, i agree about labeling as mature. would be great on a hen night!

Littleclouds September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

hmm I don’t really like it but I’m not offended by it by any means, I do think it should have a mature tag in there somewhere though for those that are easily offended !

Pea September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Yuk! I had thought of Folksy as a happy place full of dancing and pretty things. I had also thought of it as being full of innocence (like the absence of ugly flashing advertisements from third parties). I certainly wouldn’t want my children (or even my parents) stumbling upon something like this. Having a mature label would certainly help someone who wants to avoid that crude kind of thing.

Karen September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

Looks like a happy pretty thing to me. And, if I remember rightly, it can ‘dance’, too.

I think it’s delightful! I’ve never known how to knit & this is the first thing I have *ever* seen that has me seriously considering taking the craft up. No pun intended.

Mature cover, plain brown mailing wrapper, no notes home to my mother … it’s all good!

Katie September 26, 2008 - 3:13 pm

PEA:

Wow, let me see something you have made, then I’ll go ‘Yuk’ and see how YOU like it. You seem like a rather sensitive flower so I’m certain you wouldn’t.

Folksy needs to appeal to everyone. The overwhelming majority of people love this persons items.

Chin up, love, it’s just a penis. You can see a penis anywhere on the internet, a REAL penis! SHOCKING!