This month, Mollie Makes magazine is embracing folklore style, and the pages of issue 46 are brimming with woodland creatures, Scandi-style illustrations and naive papercut motifs. So for this month’s trend report we’re bringing you a collection of the ‘folksiest’ things on Folksy, where traditional techniques meet primary palettes, clean outlines and simple prints.
Folklore style means paring back – from the earthy shades of nature to the primary shades and flat, simple shapes of traditional folk art. Wallhangings, wafty clothing and woodland motifs all quietly whisper their simple but seductive style.
Folklore Finds on Folksy:
1. Arrow Wall Hanging, £55, by Ruby Loves Red
2. Long-Tailed Birds, £5, by Four Foot & A House Brick
3. Rose Cross Stitch Necklace, £20, by Pink Green
4. Fox Necklace, £6, by Owl and Otter
5. King Scandi Print, £12, by Planet Utopia
6. Freestanding Birds, £19.95, by Four Foot & A House Brick
7. Bird Cushion, £26, by Lottie & Gil
8. The Horse Chestnut Cushion Cover, £34, by Sally Boyle
9. Linen Cushion with Woodland Print, £37, by Astrid Weigel
Featured image: Floral Circle Skirt, £45, by Plum & Pigeon