Home Archive Featured Items

Featured Items

Hello. We tried a mini-experiment last week. I say “mini”, it just wasn’t like ground-breaking in the way that the Hadron Collidor was. But it was significant in its own way. We asked Folksy sellers to choose the new round of Featured items. This is what we said:

Brief:

You can choose one item from someone else

niftyknits March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

The featured items look great, but I wonder how many folksy members didn’t even notice the thread asking for suggestions and therefore were unable to take part in the process?

Rowan | KitschenSink March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

I agree with nifty – could these things be blogged as I subscribe by RSS for this kind of news… great featured items and great idea :o)

Laurenceramics March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

it’s great to see a new selection of new items on the front page, fab choices!

JamesB March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

We kept this deliberately low-profile in an attempt to manage it as a “mini-exercise” but yes, should we adopt it going forward then we’ll find a better way to notify everyone :)

francesca March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

i think it’s a nice idea, it makes more sense than admin choosing the items, and it encourages the kind of camaraderie and support that sites like folksy bring about.

Beady Pool March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

Thanks, it is great to see a change of items and there are some great items.
However one query why are the old ones still there? I thought the idea was to have fresh new items. There also seems to be items that were not chosen (I may be wrong). If you ask us to choose, at least only use the items we chose, if not it seems a bit of a pointless exercise?
Also will it be done again soon? I hope so, the front page needs to be kept fresh and enticing.

HannahMaryPinnock March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

This is very refreshing. Annetta’s kilt pin looks fab, i actually did a blog feature interview with her not so long ago. (http://flotsamandfrills.blogspot.com/2009/01/netta-norris.html )
Looking forward to this being a regular thing, but perhaps a little more publicly? In a news letter or something? I don’t have as much time as I would like to keep up to date any more which is frustrating in itself, I do like to keep up to date (though i understand this one was low profile)
how often will this be happening?

estee March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

Great idea. I appreciate this was low key, but would definately like to get involved next time… if I am aware of it.

heather aka niftyknits March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

so now we’ve got new featured items – why am I still regularly seeing Christmas goods on the front page? It’s not very enticing, especially when we’re almost too late to sell EASTER items! (Unless they’re Easter Totes, that is!)

heather aka niftyknits March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

Repeating my comment as it doesn’t seem to have posted…
Now that we have new featured items, why am I still regularly seeing Christmas goods on the front page? It’s almost too late to promote Easter now, so surely the Christmas stuff needs to go. It doesn’t really make Folksy look very up to date!

Alice (SleepDreamPlay) March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

This is a much better idea i think. i just hope I get the chance next time to join in!

Annetta Norris March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

Hi Guys
I just wanted to say thankyou to everyone who put forward my kilt pin means a lot to me! I also think this is a great idea, but also didn’t know about it. I think Hannahs comment about a news letter or email notification would be a great idea so that more people can contribute to this.

littlemillie March 29, 2009 - 10:21 pm

Wow, some fab picks!
I missed out on voting this time, but if I see it posted again will definitly add my faves.
Lisa x